Tanks on MILWEB

Jack

Why, oh why do sellers insist on putting £POA on these adverts?? :banghead:

Do they like lots of phone calls asking how much so they can endeavour to sell other things?

Or is it an elitist view of the MV world, akin to the old Rolls Royce one of "If you have to ask - you can't afford it"???

If I read an ad on MilWeb I like to know roughly where it is and how much the owner is asking. I know what I can afford and if the indicated price is outside of that I read on - £POA is a singularly irritating phenomenon!! :banghead:

Or is it an elitist view of the MV world, akin to the old Rolls Royce one of "If you have to ask - you can't afford it"???

Think you've pretty much hit it on the head there! :argh:

If I read an ad on MilWeb I like to know roughly where it is and how much the owner is asking. I know what I can afford and if the indicated price is outside of that I read on - £POA is a singularly irritating phenomenon!! ???

Try reading a copy of Plant and Farm trader,you'd love it, barely a price published in there, nearly everything POA! It's like their own secret world.

I'm different than you I would rarely if ever phone up and request a P.O.A. My opinion is if it's a good price the vendor would be please to state it not hide it.

You obviously are not as put off as you suggest, as you seem to have enquired at Boys' about the Autocar.

Why, oh why do sellers insist on putting £POA on these adverts?? :banghead:

Do they like lots of phone calls asking how much so they can endeavour to sell other things?

If I read an ad on MilWeb I like to know roughly where it is and how much the owner is asking. I know what I can afford and if the indicated price is outside of that I read on - £POA is a singularly irritating phenomenon!! :banghead:

Totally agree... ' Not cheap' pisses me off too... Advertise the price and be be damned, I say.

And what about "Serious enquiries only" or "serious buyers only"?

What makes one a serious buyer?

Given the price brackets, in reality what they probably mean to say is "I am only going to spend time on enquiries from people with serious deep pockets" :D

H.