Chevpols's mystery object

chevpol

like I said, an easy one. I was parked next to this QL today, only when I was talking to a friend this afternoon that I realised it was an ex fire tender, I spotted the rollers first.

Mark

Mark,

Did it have the correct fire tender body? If so it is a rarity. There is an ex-BAOR one that has appeared in Norway.

Mark,

Did it have the correct fire tender body? If so it is a rarity. There is an ex-BAOR one that has appeared in Norway.

yep, locker doors, low tailgate, holes in front of body for the hosereel, angled wheelarches (I just remembered, it had its postwar rebuild plate on the chassis, and I forgot to take a piccy of it!!!!) red paint peeking through the top coat.

The driver isnt the owner, he is trying to talk the owner to return it as a fire tender, hope he is succesful

Mark

yep, locker doors, low tailgate, holes in front of body for the hosereel, angled wheelarches (I just remembered, it had its postwar rebuild plate on the chassis, and I forgot to take a piccy of it!!!!) red paint peeking through the top coat.

The driver isnt the owner, he is trying to talk the owner to return it as a fire tender, hope he is succesful

Mark

Thanks Mark, nice to here of one around. I know a chap who was in the Army Fire Service and used to operate one.