PW british army 3 and 4 ton trucks

les freathy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

It was not only RLs that got the K9 containers on the back. The MK did too (see attached). I thought I had pics of a later version with stowage above the generators right up to the height of the container, but I can't find them.

Does anyone have pics of the fleet of 'civilianised' TKs, painted yellow with blue tilts if I remember correctly (and all exactly the same), that were used at Lisburn in the 70s?

Chris

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/chrismmgrove/MKsigs-01.jpg

There are some good pics in the Tankograd books on BAOR The Final Years and Salisbury Plain Traing Area, including one of an MK carrying a Midge reconnaissance drone. A couple of pics of those Commers in service in the BAOR 1945-1079 one, and a few various pics in British Army Transport and Logistics.

• 9 years later...

Les. Like the photo of the MK. I have just recently agreed to purchase an MJ complete with " Wendy House". It has the full VPK. I was wondering if you know of any photographs of this type of vehicle in service. 

Seoirse