New laws - Deactivated Weapons...

Sisu

Hi Guys, I've been remotely observing the British news and noticed some politicians really want to ban deactivated weapons in UK. This is quite frustrating as I'm moving to UK and already have my stuff there (except tools etc).. Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else in this forum, but what is your opinion about the future and deactivated weapons?

I have H&K MP5 (new spec deactivation) which would be one of the "correct" weapons for my Sisu's. Finnish Army used a different name for them, but its the same weapon. So, I would definately like to keep it - especially because I paid muchos UK pounds for it several years ago! Some of you have much much more weapons and so if it becomes illegal to own them - what to do?!

What do you think - do we have a future...?

Btw, I don't really understand these laws at all! I or anyone else, can easily walk to a railway station in Berlin (or any other similar place) - make new "friends" with the Eastern boys and buy a real weapon without a problem. Just recently I was offered a 9mm semi-auto hand gun, brand new for 500,- Eur. Of course I didn't buy it, but as its so easy to get real weapons - why the politicians even bother with deactivated ones!

Edited by Sisu

A the moment the Home Office seems to of put the deac revisions on the back burner... as thy has not released any details of the consultation period everything is just speculation... I had my firearms enquiry officer round the other day & he was totally unaware o any forthcoming changes to the law... carry on as normal at the moment...

Just remember that any guns deactivated in other countries will be classed as live weapons before being inspected & certified by one of the two proof houses

Most people who seem to be in the know believe that the goverment have already dismissed the ideal of banning deacts. The evidence to support such a ban does not exist. Converted relicas rather than deacts is the main area of concern.

They could possibly force all old spec deacts to be converted to new standards, but anything else could cost a lot of money in compensation.

I will relocate to East Anglia, would be very sad if they ban the deacts... My mission is to have the full gear for military divers as I already have the trucks, trailer, assault boat and oxygen rebreathers. They are using MP5's, so naturally I want to keep mine.

Weaponvise (is that a word?), moving to Switzerland would be better - moving there would be very easy (only 15km's away) and once there I could have a licence for a real weapon without a problem. Unfortunately I like British people more (nothing against Swiss), and the language... When I was living in Finland I used to have a high caliber hand gun permit, but unfortunately they are not transferrable for UK I guess. Anyway, I won't need a real weapon, just the deact... which actually isn't a weapon anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed!

With my luck I end up at East Anglia just in middle of the worst recession time! I eagerly wait first time filling my Sisu's 250 liter diesel-tank... :(