Good day to you all.

pop

Hi all I am Ashley, 

Along with my wife and two sons I operate a small pallet yard in Somerset.

Some how I have managed to collect 2 Mungas from 2 different places over the last year but still don't have enough bits to make a running one. I came across this forum from a photo on Google when I was doing a bit of research and soon realised all on here are not stuffy.

I can now start to plan the restoration of a 1964 Munga knowing that there are a bunch of happy and some slightly strange experts with the knowledge that I could not find any other place 

1530634926571.jpg

1530635136534.jpg

1530635210189.jpg

1530635305577.jpg

Hi Ashley, I used to own a MUNGA a few years ago and it was fitted with a Nissan Micra engine, which fitted quite well and drove very well, as it bolted straight on to the original gearbox it retained 4 wheel drive and Nissan Micra engines are easier to come by than Auto Union two strokes, speaking of which beware of Wartburg two strokes they look very similar to the Auto Union but run in the opposite direction.

Cheers for the welcome and thanks for the info about a micra engine fitting in. 

I believe that Autounion made a van and nearing the end of production they upgraded the engine from the dkw 1000cc to a vw 4 cylinder 1300cc.  So I am on the lookout for a vw polo mk2 to raid the engine bay and the wiring loom. In the meantime the rougher looking tub from the photos is going to be sand blasted and the other tub is going to give up panels so my welding mate can make a new floored strong beast.