bedford OYC

jim fl4

21 hours ago, jim fl4 said:

Hi,  Does anyone here know anything about the Bedford OY mobile x-ray truck that has been sold today at the auction up in Lancs?

Thanks, Jim.

It was restored by Don Wilmott from Marshfield, between Bristol & Chippenham, he was in the process of restoring another Bedford when he died suddenly at the age of 81.

It was then bought by John Glanfield, who lived in Cambridge near Gloucester. John was on his way to a show when the Bedford ran out of petrol, after he had topped up the fuel he was checking the radiator when a car traveling at high speed ran over the warning triangles and cones that John had put out and ran into the back of the Bedford, the brush bar hit John in the chest, knocking him to the ground and the Bedford went over him and killed him, the front number plate is still bent where it went over him.

So I lost 2 good friends who both owned this Bedford OY. I do still have an unused key ring with a photo of this Bedford if the new owner wants it pm me.

2 hours ago, johnwardle said:

It was restored by Don Wilmott from Marshfield, between Bristol & Chippenham, he was in the process of restoring another Bedford when he died suddenly at the age of 81.

It was then bought by John Glanfield, who lived in Cambridge near Gloucester. John was on his way to a show when the Bedford ran out of petrol, after he had topped up the fuel he was checking the radiator when a car traveling at high speed ran over the warning triangles and cones that John had put out and ran into the back of the Bedford, the brush bar hit John in the chest, knocking him to the ground and the Bedford went over him and killed him, the front number plate is still bent where it went over him.

So I lost 2 good friends who both owned this Bedford OY. I do still have an unused key ring with a photo of this Bedford if the new owner wants it pm me.

pm sent