New book on WW2 films

colinmbarron1956

A big 'thank you' to all members of this forum who answered all my questions  over the last few months in relation to my new book 'Battles on Screen : WW2 Action movies'. The book has now been released and is available from all the usual outlets, including Amazon. There is quite a lot in it about tanks and military vehicles.

Colin M. Barron

Battles on Screen cover image.jpg

And what is the basis of the book;  Is it to detail how bad some war movies were and (in the minority) how good others were? Do you pick up on such things as M-47 tanks playing Panzers or Hotchkiss for Jeeps etc? And do you study the credability or otherwise of the plot, like the junk the 1960s film industry used to churn out each year!  I seem to remember one I saw on TV circa 1965 that portrayed the US army in Jeeps doing what the LRDG did in the Western Desert!

Edited by LarryH57

Dear Larry,

In my book I have in fact considered the accuracy (or otherwise) of the MVs and tanks used in various WW2 films. I think the last sentence of your post refers to 'The Rat Patrol', an American TV series which was shown on BBC-1 around 1967 and was stopped after just a  few episodes because of criticism from British veterans of the North African campaign

Best Wishes,

Colin

www.colinbarron.co.uk