Fwd su-coe

Hello everyone, David here from Georgia in the U.S. I have a 1940-1943 ?? FWD SU-COE that is a open cab 4x4 that was used by the U.S. Marines Corps in the pacific during WWII. My questions are, does anybody have any photos, manuals in reprint, factory information or links to helpful sites that could help put this ole girl back together. I need info on the open cab version, not the enclosed cab with doors. This model of truck was used in the film "GUADALCANAL DIARY" [1943] when restored the truck will be finished out like that truck to include bed bows and tarp. I will include in process photos later, but I am on somebody else's time frame for now. Thanks for the welcome to this site, I look forward to hearing from ya'll.DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

Hello David,

Great to see your truck & welcome to the forum. I too am an FWD owner, though I have a Su-Coe Gun Tractor for restoration.

Here is a picture taken from the 'FWD Trucks' book by Robert Gabrick, unfortunately this is the only picture in there.

Look forward to watching your progress with this.

Regards, Mel

img057.jpg

Mel

Thanks for the info. and the photo, either are hard to find. Do you know if this model of truck's bed was made out of wood or metal? Do you know of any source that has info. on the dimensions of the bed, spacing of the brackets and the size of the opening in the bed floor for access to the winch? Even though this truck has a bed already on it, we can not use it as a pattern because it is not the original to the truck. Any help?

Thanks again,

David

Edited by D.M. TUCKER

• 1 year later...