Whats it worth.....

sas pinkie

Question

Ok, for my insurance I need a written valuation done of the Pinkie.

So, where do I get this done? I am a member of MVT, and I seem to recall they offer a service like this, if so who do I contact?

Anyone else I can get one done at, and if so how many beer tokens are they gonna want for the pleasure?

and how do you value a Pinkie anyway, if it got nicked tomorrow, I cant replace it, so what do they go on?

Cheers

7 answers to this question

My original insurers wanted valuations and photos etc and still wouldnt give an agreed value. So when the renewal came up I moved to Footman James which was cheaper and they believed what you said ie no valuation by an independant

regards

Centurion

If I came up to you at a show and wanted to buy your landie, what amount would make you part with it? I'd suggest that's the value. You may be talking £20k for all I know but if that's what it's worth to you then that's it's value. Alternatively work out how much it owes you and add 10%.

Then I'd ask FJ who they expect to authenticate it. If they just require it to be 'an experienced MV collector' there are plenty on here who'll probably do it for a pint.

Good luck and do remember they'll do everything they can to wriggle out of paying out so sadly it probably doesn't matter a jot what value you place on it anyway :roll:

I've just insured 30k's worth of kit on a multi vehicle policy with FJ & all they requested for agreed value were photos.. maybe the value you put down on the proposal form was above the average for that type of vehicle that's why they are asking for a valuation :dunno:

I've just insured 30k's worth of kit on a multi vehicle policy with FJ & all they requested for agreed value were photos.. maybe the value you put down on the proposal form was above the average for that type of vehicle that's why they are asking for a valuation :dunno:

I suspect so, I would have thought that the average landie they insure is a few grand...... but I was caught unawarses and came up with a price that I would be happy with if it was nicked tomorrow, the only thing is I have no idea if this is any where near anyone elses idea of market value for it... :dunno:

I will ring rr services 2morrow......so does the mvt not do valuations then?