1980's TV MOVIE

Hoseman

Just wondering if the great mass mind of HMVF could help me identify a film I remember in about the early 80's.

I'm guessing it was a TV MOVIE as I can't seem to find it anywhere!

It was based at the Hartenstein Hotel an shows the fighting that went on in and around the area.

Wasn't a documentary an I have never seen or heared of it since. I have been trying to find this for years now!

I think it was called FRIEND OR FOE, but could be a lot wrong! I remember the use of 'cricket' clickers and being mistaken for German rifle bolt actions!

Please put me out of my misery (and sanity) and let me know I never dreamt it all!!

Any info greatly appreciated an where I could find a copy

Thanks in advance

Now that bit was from The Longest Day, I remember that.

You sure, it's been doing my head in for 30 odd years!! I'm sure it just concentrated on the hotel but then again I was just in my teens! I need to grab a copy n watch. Wasn't the longest day American and how THEY won the war? This was defiantly British mate

You sure, it's been doing my head in for 30 odd years!! I'm sure it just concentrated on the hotel but then again I was just in my teens! I need to grab a copy n watch. Wasn't the longest day American and how THEY won the war? This was defiantly British mate

Well the cricket definitely featured in Longest Day but that doesnt mean they didnt feature in our film too of course...!

Well the cricket definitely featured in Longest Day but that doesnt mean they didnt feature in our film too of course...!

Also it could have been a TV only movie and we may never know! Just wish I could get a lead on it and get to watch it now after 30 odd years! I may also be way out on the title but it's the only thing that sticks in the grey matter, maybe I have just convinced myself that's what it's called!

Only 2 movies which feature Hartenstein come to mind.

-A bridge to far

-Theirs is the glory, filmed right after the war with the actual para's as actors. See link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3e6S8rg9_c

I have both movies already and its none of them! I actually watched 'Theirs Is The Glory' last week.

Don't worry, I have been trying for over 30 years now, I don't hold out much luck! Maybe I dreamt it all, but it's a hell of a good idea for a movie then!!! Lol

I have both movies already and its none of them! I actually watched 'Theirs Is The Glory' last week.

Don't worry, I have been trying for over 30 years now, I don't hold out much luck! Maybe I dreamt it all, but it's a hell of a good idea for a movie then!!! Lol

Anoying ain't it!

Had the same with a movie of a allied patrol being hunted down by Japanese and 1 of them found tortured but still alive.

Now I know its Objective Birma.

Anoying ain't it!

Had the same with a movie of a allied patrol being hunted down by Japanese and 1 of them found tortured but still alive.

Now I know its Objective Birma.

This film was received very poorly when I went to view it immediately after WW2, the Burma vets were not too impressed, they had already been seen as the forgotten army, I think that this just seemed to rub salt into their wounds.