T J Nightingale - Bordon Military Security Room, MT Wing. 1971. Anyone know him?

59Prototype

I've recently learnt that 'T J Nightingale - Bordon Military Security Room, MT Wing' was involved in 1971 with the sale of 20 BT 30 one of the 1959 prototype Mokes. He wasn't aware at the time that it was a prototype. It's a long shot in asking if anyone knows or knew him but worth a try. If I knew what his first name was that might help. If no-one here knows the answer is there anywhere else that I might try? Is there a Bordon blog anywhere?

20BT30AtArmyShow-RS.jpg

Here's a photo of 20 BT 30 taken from Wheels and Tracks. As an extra question does anyone know where and when the photo was taken? As far as a year is concerned I would guess at around 1964/65 but I really don't know. The car in the background might be a clue. Is that a Fiat or a Lada?

Graham

Bournemouth

Here's a photo of 20 BT 30 taken from Wheels and Tracks. As an extra question does anyone know where and when the photo was taken? As far as a year is concerned I would guess at around 1964/65 but I really don't know. The car in the background might be a clue. Is that a Fiat or a Lada?

Hi Graham,

I think that is a Stalwart parked next to the Moke, so that will give you a date of when they first came into service as it is doubtful to be earlier that that date. Try the REME Museum at Arborfield, they might throw some light on this.

Richard and Wally

I now think you are right. It's 1966, or possibly 1967 but by 1967/68 it was taking a real pounding in the BBC Autopoints. By 1971 it was in bits and being sold.

What I have recently established thanks to help from Wally is that this Moke actually started life in 1959 as a Royal Marines Moke, 07 RN 49. I've even found a photo of Lord Mountbatten sat in it at Middle Wallop in September 1959. It's certainly a Moke with some history!

...............all I need to do now is find out who T J Nightingale was, or is!!!