fv1601 Humber gs

FASTTRAX

Hi there been a while..i have now just purchased 16 bk 39 fv1601 Humber gs, Took us seven hours to get it running after being stood for TEN years... got it moving ..brakes not ceased thankfully. So now have a mighty restoration job on ready for next year. Does any body know what timber the deck boards and cab floor were made from, the cab floors ok ish but the rear deck is no longer. If any one has any info about the vehicle could you please let me know...ps the deck canvas is perfect, it was still wrapped after having a new top and side panel fitted to the original front and rear panels ...

Cheers Fasttrax

16 BK 39

FV1601A

Chassis No. 21639

Contract No. CARGO 6/V/6443

Receipt Voucher EGL/R/2901

Delivered 16/2/54 to 62nd B Vehicle Depot Eglington, Ayrshire.

Engine No. 5920

Struck off census at CVD Ashchurch 3/7/68

Although I have conflicting evidence that it was sold on 23/7/64

Sale No.74 Lot No.1202 £140

I'm afraid I have no photo the nearest I have is 16 BK 43

• 2 weeks later...

So the work begins.... it was parked in gear without the handbrake on .. on first investigation the brakes and drums seem ok..fuel system was bunged up...but now sorted...there seems to be half a ton of training area lodged every where ( fellow i bought it of claims its Bovington ).. body work needs quite a bit of attention...

P7080047.jpg

P7050027.jpg

Hi

Just an update and a plea....whilst trying to remove 10yrs worth of festering debris from the front crossmember as i neared the diff casing i proceeded carefully and discovered a hand size hole in the casing:(.. Crossmember removed whats left of the casing removed all the remaining debris removed.. the pinion gears are as smooth as a baby's back side..Now the plea has anyone got or know of anyone who's possibly got one lying around..

P7180051.jpg

P7200054.jpg

P7200053.jpg

He might well swap it for a set of anti-vibration mounts for his airbed......

Or a pair of good ear defenders ! On a more serious note it must be a complete pain if you are trying to get to sleep at 4am and some people are still partying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...