Hello from Suffolk!!

Hello everybody!Thought I'd bite the bullet and get on the Old computer and get on here.Me and my Grandad have an open cab GMC, a Ford GPW and a half ton dodge command car which we are currently rebuilding. My family owns rattlesden airfield which was the former base of the 447th bomb group so it's niece to have the vehicles stored in some of the original buildings. Well glad I got on here on the end!

Hello everybody!Thought I'd bite the bullet and get on the Old computer and get on here.Me and my Grandad have an open cab GMC, a Ford GPW and a half ton dodge command car which we are currently rebuilding. My family owns rattlesden airfield which was the former base of the 447th bomb group so it's niece to have the vehicles stored in some of the original buildings. Well glad I got on here on the end!

Hello welcome! Have you any photos of the Airfield or vehicles you could post up?

Thanks ;)

I'm on holiday in guernsey at the mo so i'l try and get some pictures of the airfield and the vehicles up when I get back home. Yeah it's good having the vehicles on the airfield, great for pictures!!

Wow, it's just awesome that you own Rattlesden, there are far too few of those old bases left.

I'm on holiday in guernsey at the mo so i'l try and get some pictures of the airfield and the vehicles up when I get back home. Yeah it's good having the vehicles on the airfield, great for pictures!!

Welcome to the forum, just to let you know, the Guernsey Military Vehicle Group have a vehicle drive this weekend and a few other things going on so if you wanted to tag along PM me and I will let you know what is going on and where we are meeting.

Regards

Gsydingo

Luckily we still have a lot of the airfield and buildings remaining, including a T2 hanger, also a handy place to get to grips with driving the jimmy for the first time!!

Just in case you have not mastered it yet, when changing gear you will of course double-de-clutch, when you change from 4th to 5th (Overdrive) DONT double clutch, single clutch this change, stop only momentarily in between gears, its almost a snap change. These two gear ratios are so close that you dont have time to double-de-clutch........... try it, and let us know how you go on. I have had a Jimmy since the 1980s. Welcome to the forum. :goodidea:

Just in case you have not mastered it yet, when changing gear you will of course double-de-clutch, when you change from 4th to 5th (Overdrive) DONT double clutch, single clutch this change, stop only momentarily in between gears, its almost a snap change. These two gear ratios are so close that you dont have time to double-de-clutch........... try it, and let us know how you go on. I have had a Jimmy since the 1980s. Welcome to the forum. :goodidea:
Thanks, i'v done quite a lot of corn carting around our farm in my Thames trader lorry so I got the hang if double clutching, just never driven the Jimmy that much on the road, thanks for the advice will try it when I get back home.

Hi Tom!

Glad you got here in the end..........Its a long way from darkest deepest Rattlesden!

Of course anyone going on the 'Our Little Friends' convoy weekend in a few weeks time will get well acquainted with Rattlesden airfield as the convoy will be visiting there on Saturday 16th July.

BTW, don't forget to mention your debut into the film business last weekend......he he