Rad/engine flushing

Jeff Glasser

Question

Sorry if there's already a post on here relating to this, but has anyone got a good idea for flushing out the cooling system on a jeep? It's in good condition, but i want to use a crack repair sealant, so want it as clean as possible.

Thanks for any ideas.

Jeff

4 answers to this question

Hi Jeff,

I just used the one off the shelf at my local auto factors and it seemed to work pretty well, I can't remember what it was but it was just a regular Holts or something like that but I flushed it twice just to be on the safe side. I guess you can keep flushing until you're happy with what still comes out if at all. For the cracks I used K seal and it worked a treat on my engine. Fixed one small crack on the block and two small ones on the head.

Hope that helps

Stu

I should be at W&P but... ***grumble grumble*** :argh:

Thanks Stu, I'll take a look and see what they've got.

I used K-Seal once, but did'nt have any luck. I'm going to try some of the ceramic stuff that catweazle sent me. Fingers crossed.

Jeff

p.s. love your signature!

Edited by Jeff Glasser

I'll have a go this weekend hopefully Stu' , I'll keep you informed. As it's fairly clean, and the radiator is'nt that old, I'm not sure whether it's worth flushing out, still, it probably wont do any harm.

I try never to be more than six feet away from my hammer! Over the years we've become very close!

Jeff.