Elvington Wheels and Wings Event

Wheels and Wings Military Vehicle Rally

Elvington Air Museum

York

Weekend of 12 - 14 May 2006.

Entries are closing on the 30th of April, so if you are hoping to attend get in touch now for your free passes, only five days to go !!! :shock:

We have 175 vehicles booked in and over 100 reinactors seperate to vehicles to date so it is looking like a good weekend.

Fly pasts as well from BBMF and Huey among others.

We have even booked good weather!!!!! :lol:

Check out our link below.

http://www.wheelsandwings.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

OOPS this is a totally shameless bump back to the top!!!! :D

Sorry Jack :oops:

We now have over 200 vehicles booked in including 4 half tracks , chieftain tank, Chaffee, SPGs, trucks, champs, haffysand it goes without saying, more jeeps than you can shake a stick at!

There are also in excess of 300 re inactors on top of that with 101st, 82nd , British 6th Airborne, US 321st MI. East Yorks Regt groups displaying and loads more.

Trade stands are there in abundance as well to help you get rid of your hard earned :)

Be there or be square as they say

Tim, how could you! You missed out the Fantastic display of USAAF planes and Equipment!

This is going to be a great show, and for those of us in the North of the country, how could you miss such a show on your doorstep? Of course, in addition to the vehicles, display and re-enactors, the Yorkshire Air Museum is worth a visit in its own right.

They have the only intact Halifax heavy bomber on display in Europe, made from a combination of original and new build parts. A DH Mosquito, C-47 Skytrain, Hurricane, Spitfire and Bf109 replicas, plus many modern jet aircraft including the Gulf War Veteran HP Victor "Lusty Lindy". They also have a significant collection of Military Vehicles of their own.

If you miss this show, you'll be kicking yourself for years!

Steve

Oops, did I just bump the thread back to the top of the list?

If you are the HMVF member who left me the message today Re Elvington and passes, can you ring me back as the number you left on my answerphone was my own number, not yours!! :)

Hey Steve, how do you fancy puttin your B17 along side the Halifax?

I have allocated you a place there inside the hangar.

See you there

PS over 200 vehicles now and a whole heap of re enactors and heaps of trade stands as well

Sorry, I'm only bringing the Jeep & the Vengeance

Thanks for getting me under cover though. The planes and the smaller display items don't like too much water, and it looks like we might have the odd shower across the weekend. I hope not!

Get Brian on his knees to do some extra praying for sun!

Steve

Just back from Elvington on the first day and its buzzing, the place is getting pretty crowded and there is only half the exhibits there as yet.

Tomorrow should be fun!!

Good to see Degsy there and the north wales boys.

Tim

I've not long been home after a great weekend. Thank you to all the organisers for their hard work preparing the event. It was a little cooler than hoped, but a little 'anti-freeze' in the blood helped that!

It was great to meet Degsy and the other guys who've mailed me over the last year about jeeps, towing etc. Fortunately myself, the jeep and the plane were inside the hangar for the weekend, but luckily, the weather turned out dryer than the forecast expected, 'though 1 inch diameter hailstones during Friday was a slight worry!

I'm now sifting through my 100+ photos, and will be adding them to the Yorkshire http://www.wheelsandwings.co.uk website over the next few days.

Steve

Just to say thanks to the organisers of the event & to all the fellow re-enactors/vehicle owners who made it such a brilliant day(Saturday) for my son & I. :D

Special thanks to Jessie the Jeep, for the info for towng the jeep. this was the first trip out & it handled fine, (even on the diversion through Oldham!, M62 shut for roadworks!!).

The Dakota was really good & the photo's are excellent, shame about the weather, but that can't be planned, we will definately be back.

We also look forward to seeing many of you at other events (Tanfield Railway next Saturday)

Cheers

Tim & James

Big thanks to all of you who turned out in our miserable weather, it didn't seem to dampen the enthusiasm too much.

Great to meet you Degsy, I must admit when they radioed me to come down I thought you were another irate trader that we had to humour ,until you said who you were. :)

Thanks for making the trip Tim & James and Steven,Lynne and all the rest whos names I can't recount it made the sleepless nights and divorce petition all worth while :D

Watch this space for next years date!!