Wickenby Wings and Wheels 2009

antarmike

That Tempest is nice. I've seen a few pics of it during the rebuild, but this is the first time I've seen it out in the open with the engine in.

Steve

The engine is only a hulk, used to jig up the airframe.....It won't be the one that will finally fill this space....

From a quick search around the net, there are.......

4 restored on museum display.

4 projects being re-built to fly.

2 stored.

The 4 potential flying rebuilds are:

MKII in the UK

MKV for Kermit Weeks at Booker

MKII currently in France, but reported sold to a US customer

MKII with Ezell aviation

I don't know how current this information is. Airframes may have changed hands etc since the information was first posted on the net.

Steve

None flying currently, but on the project shown above, I believe it is the engine that has been holding things up. From what I've read around the aviation forums, later marks of Bristol Centaurus ( more available ) engines don't fit the Tempest, so finding/making the spares to rebuild the earlier engine is a slow costly process.

Steve

• 10 months later...

Hi there,

Just been looking at your excellent photos of last years event and wanted to invite you all along to this years!! It's the 19-20th June again and the DH2 (weather permitting) will be flying along with the BBMF Lancaster and Spitfire, Breighton Collection aircraft, Tigermoth, Harvards, Chipmunks and aerobatics from a Su26 and Cap232. We also have loads of vintage vehicles, display aircraft, WW2 exhibits and food available on site so please try and drop in.

On Saturday evening we have a 40s themed three course meal which is raising monies for charity - £30 pp and tickets selling quick. To book them email wwwtickets@me.com

For more information please take a look at:

http://www.wickenbyairfield.com/www/

If you wanted to bring along vehicles then we are getting a bit full but can squeeze some in! Just drop me a line.

Sorry for the hard sell but thought you may all be interested.

Kind regards,

Joanna

Wickenby Airfield

Hi there,

Just been looking at your excellent photos of last years event and wanted to invite you all along to this years!! It's the 19-20th June again and the DH2 (weather permitting) will be flying along with the BBMF Lancaster and Spitfire, Breighton Collection aircraft, Tigermoth, Harvards, Chipmunks and aerobatics from a Su26 and Cap232. We also have loads of vintage vehicles, display aircraft, WW2 exhibits and food available on site so please try and drop in.

On Saturday evening we have a 40s themed three course meal which is raising monies for charity - £30 pp and tickets selling quick. To book them email wwwtickets@me.com

For more information please take a look at:

http://www.wickenbyairfield.com/www/

If you wanted to bring along vehicles then we are getting a bit full but can squeeze some in! Just drop me a line.

Sorry for the hard sell but thought you may all be interested.

Kind regards,

Joanna

Wickenby Airfield

Thanks for the invite, but I found the organisation of this show pathetic, I called into the control tower a week early to give you details of the size, width weight, etc for the Antar and Trailer. I left contact number etc so if there was a problem, I could decide to bring something smaller, so you knew what to expect when I arrived, but when I turned up it was as if I was totally unexpected.

I was eventually parked up on Friday night, by one of your staff, only to be woken up on Staurday morning, by someone else telling me I had to move because, even though having been shown where to park the night before, "I was in an unsuitable place". You couldn't even wait for me to get a cup of coffee and wake up.

When I was told where to park, nobody knew how to get me there, and another vehicle owner had to be woken up, to move his trucks, so I could get out of my spot, to where it was now decided I should park.

And where was I directed to? I was moved to a hard road away from all the other exhibitors, parked hard up against the perimeter fence, where people could not walk round my exhibit.

Thanks for the invite but I was made to feel a nuisance, asked to move in a most impolite manner. and moved to very extreme of the show.

Oh and what was put where I had been parked? Two tractors that could have fitted in anywhere on the site.

So thanks, but no thanks, I won't be coming back.

Edited by antarmike