Arromanches - March 1975

I've been scanning the colour pix I took in Arromanches in March 1975. Hardly masterpieces. I was 15 at the time and still have the camera. Much has changed around the museum. This shot shows the shops on the left which are now the Overlord store. The kid in red trousers is Terry Pompey. No idea where he is now. We went to the same school in Hackney and were on an exchange trip.

MB

17_06_2009 - 17.15.04 - NGNLIBRARYSUN - MB12.jpg

Here's the Sherman on the hill before ramps and flower boxes. The bored kid is Anthony Lawrence. Poor sod - I dragged him up there and on the beach. I have other snaps but am saving them for an idea. Some of them are absolutely crap. But hey!

17_06_2009 - 17.17.36 - NGNLIBRARYSUN - MB8.jpg

That halftrack, which used to be outside the museum and has now moved to the other side of the car park, it what stirred something in me, as a ten year old, in 1975..... I can still remember the first time i saw it, and thinking - i wonder how you get hold of one of them, probably can't.... 34 years down the line, i've been lucky enough to have got one... And a Sherman which similarly tormented me for years...... That halftrack has a lot to answer for as far as my wife is concerned....

Ken