Removing Armor from a Humber Pig?

Marines42

So, I got my Pig in February. Its a nicely maintained Mk 2 that was used by a police department in Alaska for a few years. They added a non stock fuel filter and a very nice heater that is actually connected to the radiator as well as a pre heater for the engine that you can plug into the wall. After playing and moving it around a bit, I was thinking of removing some of the armor to make it a bit more mobile. I removed the protective plates that hang off the rear of the vehicle and was thinking of removing the front ram bars. Part of them appear to be bolted on but it also looks to be welded in several large areas. I havent inspected it that closely yet. I also considered removing the armor from the hatches on top. I will probably leave the door and roof armor alone. I am thinking of user friendliness and mobility as the concerns here. Have any of you removed part of all of the armor from a Mk 2? How difficult did it prove to be? Suggestions? Any insight is appreciated.:idea:

Leave it on.

When someone cuts you up on the road in there bmw, there is more weight to ram them with.

Ive left all mine on, i did think about removing the roof armour, but original is best in my book.

Looking at your location you will need more than a pig out there.

There is a video on youtube of a Humber Pig having its internal armour removed, give you an idea of the scale of the job.

There is a MK2 that has been fully returned to MK1 spec, its in the Humber picture gallery, very nice job, but a massive amount of work.

I would be inclined to leave it original, but then you pay the bills so whatever fits!

Mainly, I am considering removing the barricade remover to make it more convenient for the road in the U.S. and it appears both bolted and welded and the paint makes it difficult to tell without actually removing some of the bolts. Do any of you know if it is welded or just bolted?

Mainly, I am considering removing the barricade remover to make it more convenient for the road in the U.S. and it appears both bolted and welded and the paint makes it difficult to tell without actually removing some of the bolts. Do any of you know if it is welded or just bolted?
Its welded on to the radiator armour which is then bolted on to the front mate ! Mine had been broken away at the welds by an unsympathetic pull on the barricade remover ! (now welded back on):-D