Champ switchboard issues?

Rick W

I think I mentioned on another thread that the petrol guage in my Champ had a mind of its own, that issue is still unresolved. To add to my woes all the guages dont register anything now, does that narrow the problem down any, or does it just complicate my life further? Add to that when turning the ignition on and starting the switch there is a horrble metal grinding sound coming from the engine bay area. This can be resolved by switching the ignition key on and off 2 or 3 times until it starts. If this was a normal day to day car I would perhaps think along the lines of a lazy starter, but could it be an issue with the switchboard itself?:confused:

The grinding noise from the starter is probably the pinion spining before it engages the starter ring gear. how do I know? mine does that and I haven't fixed it yet may be one day!

Gauges If you disconect one ot the temp gauge wires under the bonnet the temp gauge should go all the way to hot if it doesn't either the gauge is faulty or an electrical problem Have you got a wiring diagram?

The grinding noise from the starter is probably the pinion spining before it engages the starter ring gear. how do I know? mine does that and I haven't fixed it yet may be one day!

QUOTE]

That was what I meant.

Didn't know the correct technical terminology.:???