Not exactly a vehicle but...

Guest matt

Has anyone every seen a Koehring Dandie cement mixer? it is a large four wheeled unit powered by a two cylinder LeRoi petrol engine.

Matt.

What does it look like? Have you any photos of one

Larry,

Take a look at the advert on page 5 of this pdf ;

http://www.thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/frisco/magazines/fm_1917_10/fm_1917_10_36.pdf

It is from a copy of an American magazine dated Oct 1917, maybe this is an earlier model than Matt is refering to?

Richard

Hi Larry,

It is indeed a WW2 era mixer used by the US Corps of Engineers. I only have one photo and that's from a 1941 magazine article which shows one in use by the 4th Engineer Regiment. I'm afraid I can't post the picture as I don't have a scanner!.

It is very similiar to the one Richard found on google,looks like they were produced for quite a long period. I am very interested in the equipment used by the engineers such as compressors,generators,cement mixers,gravel crushers etc. they were as important as the guns,tanks,trucks etc but are generally overlooked by most collectors.

Matt.