Humber pig Fan Belts

poppypiesdad

Hi all , has anyone on the forums got detail's of sizes of fan belts for a humber pig

A local firm does all sizes , and apart from a bit of string im lost .

Have googled it with no results

All help would be appreciated

Jamie

Edited by poppypiesdad

Jamie there is no dimensional definition of it. The Rolls Royce no. is RE 20863 which I think you will find is close to a Ferodo V250D, so that might be a starting point.

Officially a matched pair is required, but I assume with modern manufacturing techniques they are of pretty similar characteristics. I remember the Hornet required 2 belts for the coolant pump & 3 for the alternator. When I asked for them to be matched I was laughed out of the trade counter.

Jamie there is no dimensional definition of it. The Rolls Royce no. is RE 20863 which I think you will find is close to a Ferodo V250D, so that might be a starting point.

Officially a matched pair is required, but I assume with modern manufacturing techniques they are of pretty similar characteristics. I remember the Hornet required 2 belts for the coolant pump & 3 for the alternator. When I asked for them to be matched I was laughed out of the trade counter.

If Clive's right and the V250D is equivelent (who am I to doubt him) the industrial equivelent is a C section belt Ferodo show it as being 50" internal I have also found it listed as 51" belt so either C50 or C51 Personaly I carry as a spare a pair of C51

as for matching if its from the same manufacture they should be matched but any decent supplier should be able to check