AEC Matador help required!

Adam Elsdon

I have been offered a Matador and need to know a few things and any other info that you can offer on points to look out for!

The vehicle in question has been sat for a long time, but has been protected by a tarpaulin over it, although that has come to grief this winter, and i think if the vehicle is left any longer, it will start to decay quite rapidly.

The owner reckons it was a good runner, but while it has been stood it has been started and at some point started to blow past its head gasket.

It still has its military cab and body, although it is missing its winch, but all of the fairlead rollers are there.

The cab appears to be bolted down at the front, there are no spring bolts to let the cab move.

Other than that, cant really tell much more about it, i didnt find a chassis plate, mainly as i dont know where it is. It is painted in RAF blue and marked with roundels etc, whether it was originally used by the RAF, i cant be certain.

Does anyone have electronic manuals i can have a read of, just to get my head around the ins and outs of these trucks, before i commit!

Oh yeh! the tinted specs fell straight into place!

Have a chat with Phil of the Mat & Milly Club he's very knowledgeable, and enthusiastic, with a good idea of the spares situation. I've PM'd you his 'phone number. I'm sure other forum members, who are Matador owners, will be able to leave more helpful posts than mine in answer to your request. Good luck.

http://www.aecmilitant.co.uk/contact/home.html

Well, it doesn't sound as far gone as this one.

DSCF0237.jpg

Edited by 6 X 6