B&Q

woa2

Just something I have learnt recently that I thought other HMVFers would like to know, as we all buy things from B&Q for our homes, garages and loved ones (MVs, of course).

I have bought things from B&Q over the years, and I have had only one problem but it has now happened twice. It seems that some customers open boxes on the shelves and change or remove items from the boxes. If you then buy one of these boxes you only find out the problem when you get home and try and use the product. B&Q are aware of this practice and do change or refund without any hassle. My warning to you is if you buy in B&Q, or anywhere similar, is to check that all the security tape is still in place and the box is still sealed.

My 2 incidents were a missing battery from a fence sprayer and recently a pressure valve had been removed from inside a shower unit.

B&Q are good at returns, so always keep the receipt and you will have no problem.

Robert I assume you join us all on Wednesdays & get your 10% discount too.

Tim my wife buys all sorts of nonsense there. I was surprised that some lamp stands she bought are all metal but there is no earth. Much as I am wary of H&S excesses in the UK, I think earthing metal is important yet there seems to be a casual approach to electrical safety on the continent. So she thinks it looks smart & I think it looks dangerous.

Edited by fv1609

Robert I assume you join us all on Wednesdays & get your 10% discount too.

Much as I am wary of H&S excesses in the UK, I think earthing metal is important yet there seems to be a casual approach to electrical safety on the continent.

I don't quite qualify for the 10% discount yet, as I am only 57 (nearly 58). However I do use my Mother-in-Laws discount card which comes in very handy.

I did go to Italy once and was appalled by the H&S there. Smoking is normal on petrol forecourts and the electrical plugs let you get live and neutral reversed.