Road Run - Evesham, Sat 27th December

Ashdown Camp extends a warm welcome to you to join our post-Christmas road run.

Unless there are impassable snowdrifts, we intend to "patrol" along meandering byways, cheat almost certain death through a shallow ford, and risk sniper fire through an eerie wood.

For those who experienced our Chill-Out weekend road run this will be a little shorter out of respect for the colder weather.

See some of Catweazles's pics here:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=9294

Vundercaterer Lt Gen Gill King will furnish survivors with a sumptuous and nourishing mystery broth whipped up from some unopened WW2 food parcels, etc, adorned with a delicious Dessert Rat hard tack biscuit, or similar.

Tasty homemade vegetable soup and a doorstep of delicious fresh bread will be offered as an alternative.

WARNING- anyone attempting this winding course along curvaceous bi-ways in a large vehicle might be well advised to be prepared for 97-point turns, and carry their own provisions: first little piggy at the trough and all that.

Please will you let me know by message or phone if you wish to come; there's no official form on this one.

Paul: 0779 159 1528 or msg/pm here.

Just so our Vundercaterer knows how many food parcels to break into.

Open to MVT members & non-members.

10.30HRS, Ashdown Farm, Badsey, Nr. Evesham, WR11 7PA, just off A46.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Ashdown%20Farm%2C%20badsey%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Fording.JPG

chill out road run 2007.jpg

Edited by Papav66
sp

• 3 weeks later...

Recently returned to defrost from what was a great little run.

About 20 people turned up with a few Jeeps, Land Rovers and an Austin Tilly. My daughter and I hitched a ride in a Jeep but as it was only just above freezing she soon deserted me and found a warmer ride in the Tilly. We drove up through Broadway & Snowshill & into the woods near Toddington Railway then back to the nissen for some soup.

Only hiccup was one Jeep with a fuel problem that had to be towed back.

DSC04355.jpg

DSC04352.jpg

DSC04353.jpg

DSC04354.jpg

DSC04356.jpg

DSC04357.jpg