Remembrance at the ace

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

acecaferemsunday011.jpg

acecaferemsunday017.jpg

thats a lot of Le200s i had one of the last released.the running boards grounded so you couldnt get a lean on interesting bike for there day.

water cooled ,shaft drive.very quiet the buggers would creep up on you.

acecaferemsunday018.jpg

acecaferemsunday019.jpg

acecaferemsunday042.jpg

acecaferemsunday043.jpg

i dont remember the girls looking that good.in fact there allways seemed to be a good looking one and a rough mate,we used to take it in turns to

take the rough one on the back.

i remember one night i had a ruck with my long term girl

So i am in the ace with another girl sat on my lap,the other one comes in

gets a drink and we are giving each other evil looks,The moody blues ,if you got to go,go now comes on ,i am mouthing the words to her,i look the otherway ,next minute i am on the floor,she hit me that hard she knocked

both of us of the chair,I thought i am not standing for that,so married her.:sweat:

acecaferemsunday026.jpg

acecaferemsunday027.jpg

acecaferemsunday034.jpg

acecaferemsunday039.jpg

acecaferemsunday048.jpg

the owner and myself catching up on days gone by.He is passionate about the Ace and the history so if you come across any photos or anything, old speeding tickets is about all i have got,let him have them for a book he is trying to compile. Cheers Cw.

THATS YOUR LOT.

That must be you on the Goldie in the pictures i thought i recognised you from somewhere.can we do it all again.?

Wish I could turn the clock back :cry: Nothing like the smell of leather and Castrol R :)................and the flies in your face, getting soaking wet and cold.............hmmm, forgot the down side .

Castrol R, you were flush,or did you cheat and put it in the petrol.

For the younger generation Castrol R was a vegatable oil used by most people on the track,it left a great smell behind.

i cant remember which way round it was but if you went back to mineral oil i think you had to strip the engine and clean it well,or the otherway round otherwise it reacted.

i cant remember which way round it was but if you went back to mineral oil i think you had to strip the engine and clean it well,or the otherway round otherwise it reacted.

If you went back to mineral I think. Actually castor oil was considered better than mineral in those days, as it hung on the metal longer, something to do with molecular construction or summat. Only trouble was it could cause damage internally if left in the engine for a long time, acid attack comes to mind. And it was gummy when burnt on.

MY uncle used to go there on a regular basis, he was a founder member of the '59 club.

If he has got any pics etc let the owner have copies for his book and display.cheers.we wouldnt mind a look as well.cheers.cw.

• 2 weeks later...