Bristol 142 medium bomber K7557

Snapper

Greetings,

I am wondering if any of you chaps can tell me anything about a specific aircraft - the Bristol 142 medium bomber serial K7557.

This aircraft started life as the Bristol 142 "Britain First" and was built for Lord Rothermere in 1934/1935. It was handed to the RAF in July 1935 and became K7557. It crash landed on 17.7.35 and I am presuming it was rebuilt because The Times photographed it in November of that year.

Does anyone know what happened to it after that? I assume it may have done more testing etc before becoming an instructional airframe, or maybe it was eventually written off. Just trying to tie up the loose ends. I don't need a general history or anything else not specific to this actual aircraft.

Easy!

Have you tried contacting the RAF Museum?? They should have the record card for KK7557!

Those early Blenheims were known for faulty hydraulics so the collapsing undecarriage it suffered was not unknown - possibly it happened again and it was used to provide donor parts to another Blenheim???