8th August 1945

antarmike

Mainly because every time they'd fought before the Japanese had trounced the Russian's. The reason that Moscow survived was that Stalin belived Skorsky ( I think thats how it is spelt) when he reported Japan had no intrest in Russia, thus releasing thirty odd divisions from that front to come west.

Mainly because every time they'd fought before the Japanese had trounced the Russian's. The reason that Moscow survived Operation Barbarossa was that Stalin belived Sikorsky ( I think thats how it is spelt) when he reported Japan had no intrest in Russia, thus releasing thirty odd divisions from that front to come west.

My bold. The Russians wanted a land grab in 1945 in the same way the Italians invaded France in 1940.

Part of the universal paece talks at the end of the war (I read in the papers over the weekend) was that borders were fixed in perpetuity unless both sides agreed (qv Czech Republic and Slovakia).

People have to live with people they don't like. Otherwise we Mackems would want to be a separate country from the Mags up the road and the Smog Monsters down south. Where would it end otherwise? Anarchy.