For the benefit of Catweazle.....

Lord Burley

A few months back at Catweazle barracks in Brixton,disscusions were had about his proposal,to take a customers RangeRover,who hadnt paid a bill and paint it Nato green,and take it to shows.I mentioned that this practice had been carried out during the first Gulf War(Operation Granby)A number of brand new RR,s had been requistioned from dealers in Saudi by the M.O.D and re-painted in desert stone.There are some pics of these RR,and shots of them in theatre in Bob Morrisons excellent pictorial book (LandRovers in the Gulf).I have a copy of it,but for the life of me cant find it.Whilst searching i came across this of said actions..........

normal_MEPAINTINGRANGEROVERSINGULF.jpg

Now wait for a glut of knackered classics appearing at W+P next year as a cheap way in.:laugh:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
normal_MEPAINTINGRANGEROVERSINGULF.jpg

Now wait for a glut of knackered classics appearing at W+P next year as a cheap way in.:laugh:

I bet this bloke told everyone he met about the day he hand painted a new range rover.