Gee spot.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Google says the saying seems to have first been used by Irish American soldiers of the First World War but it's origins are unknown

He must of been dodging or something i suspect,thats when we use the phrase mostly.

• 4 months later...
CW,

Could you not have a special version for us Seniors, with soundtrack of the engines only. Pity about the sad ending :-(

Funny you should say that i had b/hovens 9th lined up.

Well thats a good Question,the answer was, we must of hit something.The boat was a modern copy in Glass fibre of a Fairy Swordsman .when they cleared the needles it was very rough.It may of fell heavilly and the glass gave up or they did hit something.Theres a possibility a bit flew off in the engine room and holed it.We dont have a final verdict as yet.Of course it may of been sabotaged as it was a seroius contender to GEE,and being new should never off been allowed in the Historic class.

Maybe Thorneycroft.Sopworth.and Du cane looked down and said we are not having this.Thats the version i like.:-D:-D:-D

.Of course it may of been sabotaged as it was a seroius contender to GEE,and being new should never off been allowed in the Historic class.

Maybe Thorneycroft.Sopworth.and Du cane looked down and said we are not having this.Thats the version i like.:-D:-D:-D

That version appeals to me as well:cool2::-D

Second20start2001-1.jpg

Start20shot2002-1.jpg

The20Silverware-1.jpg

miles.jpg

op_start01.jpg

P1000740.jpg

IOW005.jpg

Fabio Butzi towed in,he won in 1969.i shook his hand ,i will never wash it again.:-D

Cummins say the oil leaks are fixed engines ready to go back in.Andy was there today,here we go again.:shake::shake::shake: