'allo !

:-D

Wotcha !

Just joined to try and identify a bit of kit for a mate - not really obsessed about big green things but I'll help out if I can

Did a full tour as an ECE in the REME, made SSgt eventually but spent most of my career playing with computers rather than nasty, dirty green things although I did a couple of tours with Mech Inf and had a stint in effing B with 7 Armd

Currently living in Andover with Herself and our three 15 year olds

Doubtless my mate will be along to abuse me in due course ......

PS

The bad stuff ....

I used to shoot target pistol for the Army until some dipstick banned them

I drink less red wine than I'd like

I drag a BWSOW around the country now and again

I use a planet killing 4x4 to drag aforementioned BWSOW (and don't give a stuff !)

Fully welcome! As you might have gathered thin skinned need not apply. Drill night in the clubhouse will be announced soon. The Seargent's mess always more fun than the officers. Send the 15 year olds! The drains need dredging again. As for the green things, there is rumour of little pnk things about, but hasn't been seen for a while.

:tup::

Thin skin vanished before I finished my basic training !

Must admit that I had a good time in the Officers Mess once though - Christmas 95 we were invited into the Corps Officers Mess at West Court near Arborfield and after an afternoon imbibing at their expense a few of the more enterprising members of the WO's & Sgts Mess decided that their piano would be a fine addition to our furnishings ......

We moved it from the rear of the Mess through four rooms and were within 20' of the front door before we were intercepted. Personally I blame the alcohol - if we hadn't drunk so much we'd have taken it out of the french windows and round the side !

What diminutive Bob ain't telling you is his wine glass contains as much red coloured booze as Jack put's fuel in his "Mans Truck" every month!!!

And his BWSOW is really only a medium sized one - ours is the BIG one whilst his planet killing 4x4 fits in the back of ours.. :rofl:

There ya go Bob - that enough abuse for you?? Or shall I add that newbies have to get the first round in at the clubhouse and you will be expected to preise the dancing girls out of the hands of the Dutch contingent!!

Hey lads and lasses - I thik we've found the ideal starter MV for good old Bob given his history.. How about a whip-round to get him this for the drive:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290241827030&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019#ebayphotohosting

:evil: :evil: :evil:

:nono:

Do be brief geezer !

You've seen our drive and we can't even get the BWSOW into it never mind a shiny new panzer (I trained on Mk 5's - IFCS, TOGS etc are white mans magic as far as I'm concerned !)

If I was mad enough to get any sort of military vehicle I'd go for a little air portable L/R - cos I could have some fun hacking around the Plain in it at the weekends HOWEVER as you well know Jackie would veto the acquisition in milliseconds !

:-(

BWSOW = Big White Shed On Wheels - aka a caravan!!!! :)

BANNHIMM!!!!! Shooting is to good for someone like that. Is there a purpose to caravans? Other than taking years of innocent 101 drivers by speeding around roundabouts in the inside lane, 'because I recived the free full frontal lobotomy when I bought my BMW, and don't realise the caravoulsionn is swinging into the other lane'. :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

BANNHIMM!!!!! Shooting is to good for someone like that. Is there a purpose to caravans? Other than taking years of innocent 101 drivers by speeding around roundabouts in the inside lane, 'because I recived the free full frontal lobotomy when I bought my BMW, and don't realise the caravoulsionn is swinging into the other lane'. :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

I've got one too!! :) Sounds like a duel - my OT or Stalwart vs 101 or Dodge!!! :-D :-D

OT with a caravan on the back? :shake: At least do the decent thing and put it in the back of the stolly. I did once see a thing! A thing called a Caraboat. It was a square box with a detachable chassis and a little Seagull on the back. The problem was the owner was attempting to launch it into a moderate sea from an open slope. I stayed well back with a long rope. Earned a tenner dragging him off the slip when the waves washed right up under the box and car. :-D ANYWAY you will note the Caravan was also being towed by a BMW! (Wait for BMW owners)

P.S. If you check out tom Mouat's site, he does a Russian miliatary fonts to download. If Tom has done it belive me it is right. http://www.mapsymbs.com/index.html

Edited by Tony B

Thanks for that link Tony. Downloaded and installed :)

OT with caravan - no! don't think it would like the shock of pulling away! :)

Off topic here a bit - the Ford F-250 with caravan - yes, but only because the van is 2.5m wide so to satisfy the jobsworths at VOSA I have to use a tow motor plated at more than 3501 Kg - the Ford is 3999 Kg. (the option is to take the car to Europe and go throught the convoluted process of registering it out there to get foreign plates. Mr European can turn up with a 2.5m wide unit on the back of his BMW or whatever and it's legal here 'ccos it's legal there. Our Gov't refuse to adopt one of the few sensible peices of European legislation though!!)

I saw one of those caraboats, they were designed for use on rivers and canals - not the sea!!!! Not my cup of tea though....

Speaking of BMW's - when we puilled in to the garage to fill the can's we had one behind us. Driver wasn't quite of the baseball cap on backwards brigade - but not far off it... And he got VERY upset when, instead of opening the 250's filler cap I opened the back and started unloading jerry cans :evil:

BANNHIMM!!!!! Shooting is to good for someone like that. Is there a purpose to caravans? :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Surely they're not all that slow on here are they Neil ????

How long is it since I posted about the BWSOW ????? :cool2:

:yay:

Surely they're not all that slow on here are they Neil ????

How long is it since I posted about the BWSOW ????? :cool2:

:yay:

You've got to remember it's not a green thing under discussion mate. Now had you been talking about a BGSOW everyone would have immediately known you were talking about a Brockhouse trailer!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

:cool2:

Ah, I'm beginning to understand now - slow, insular with a narrow focus ....... :rofl:

Got to admit that I can recognise BG stuff - on a good day I can even tell the difference between tanks, lorries and planes *

My BWSOW was parked in a field on Saturday so it wasn't me that had a go at Tony - had it been Friday or Sunday then it could well have been .....

On a more positive note I'd like to say that I rant about tuggers as much (and probably more) than Tony or any other member of HMVF - as far as I'm concerned when towing you have a duty to either keep up with the traffic flow (this can mean nailing the right hand pedal to the floor and to hell with fuel consumption) or move over and let the traffic through.

It's not very often that I have to move over for traffic though - I'm usually being held up by an artic/horse box/motorhome/milk float etc ......

Tank = green/sand with tracks

Lorry = green/sand with wheels

Plane = not in contact with ground for significant amounts of time - being temporarily airborne due to misreading hump backed bridges etc does not count

The Navy have been left out of this cos there's not enough of them left to make identification worth while

Anything else is a damned civvy and doesn't count !

Ah, I'm beginning to understand now - slow, insular with a narrow focus ....... :rofl:

Got to admit that I can recognise BG stuff - on a good day I can even tell the difference between tanks, lorries and planes *

My BWSOW was parked in a field on Saturday so it wasn't me that had a go at Tony - had it been Friday or Sunday then it could well have been .....

On a more positive note I'd like to say that I rant about tuggers as much (and probably more) than Tony or any other member of HMVF - as far as I'm concerned when towing you have a duty to either keep up with the traffic flow (this can mean nailing the right hand pedal to the floor and to hell with fuel consumption) or move over and let the traffic through.

It's not very often that I have to move over for traffic though - I'm usually being held up by an artic/horse box/motorhome/milk float etc ......

Tank = green/sand with tracks

Lorry = green/sand with wheels

Plane = not in contact with ground for significant amounts of time - being temporarily airborne due to misreading hump backed bridges etc does not count

The Navy have been left out of this cos there's not enough of them left to make identification worth while

Anything else is a damned civvy and doesn't count !

Slow - well - depends on the MV you've got - CVR(T) and CVR(W) owners might disagree with you....

Insular - armour tends to have that effect as do Warsaw Pact crew helmets!

Narrow Focus - comes of looking at life through a weapons sights.

Even you should be familiar with the last one!! :rofl::rofl:

Slow - well - depends on the MV you've got - CVR(T) and CVR(W) owners might disagree with you....

Insular - armour tends to have that effect as do Warsaw Pact crew helmets!

Narrow Focus - comes of looking at life through a weapons sights.

Even you should be familiar with the last one!! :rofl::rofl:

Fair comment !

(But you just KNOW I was referring to some parts of the forum membership !)