SPTA event

Hello guys and gals, just to let folk know we are starting work on next years Plain invasion event. I have contacted Westdown and it looks good on the licence side of things. We have been asked if next year we could raise much needed cash for the ABF which I have agreed to. By making this move we will get fast tracked to what we need. Apart from those dreadfull portaloos is there anything you think we need to do to make this event better. The dates will be the same as this year, the camp site will be the in the same place and the team will be the same. All we need is you guys.

ATB

Tony

Thats good news Tony - have put it in the diary and wil look forwards to it!!

As for what could we do with:

• Good weather all weekend (out of your control I know)
  • Permission for tracked vehicles
  • Somewhere for washing etc (with warm water!!)
  • Functioning Portaloos

:):):):)

ok so if you want definate times we will put together a programe of events following the basic itenary of

friday arrive for 1pm run or set up camp

saturday

breakfast 8am -9am

depart for days exercise 10am on the dot

next year hopefully there will also be another ex rmp so you wont have to put up with my drill voice

evening meal self catering

sunday

breakfast 8-9

depart 10am on dot

evening meal 6pm on sun night

monday

breakfast 8-9

depart 10am for 1/2 run

1pm pack up camp

tony check details and amend if anything wrong

dave

for those who have not been before next year we will probably be putting a limit on vehicles as we will have to stick to convoy rules

so details will be posted in plenty of time and forms will be sent before the end of this year

Hello peeps

Should be hearing back from the ABF charity very soon. Once I have that in place then the real work can begin. West down know we are coming back next year and there seems to be no problems with the planned event. Numbers for the event is not to much of an issue at present but if interest does get a little out of hand then we may have to put a set number for attendance. The MOD and Land Marc are not to worryed about how many we have as long as we can control you all. As for tracked vehicles, it is totally in the hands of him up stairs so go to church every Sunday and keep him sweet. A few idears have been put forward to me via Westdown one of which is a static display of your vehicles. What they mean by this is not clear but I am meeting up with Bob in a few weeks so I will find out more then.. Planners for the drive outs will be sorted and drive outs will start on the dot. I know it may not be posible for everyone but if we could all be on camp by 10 Saturday morning that means the driving can start by 12 at the lastest. This does not apply to anyone wishing to arrive Friday. Last of all, there will be a few more new routes added for next year. These routes will be graded E, M, H. I will post more on this as the routes are sorted. I am working towards us useing the CCDTA and RETA, both these areas will be subject to avalibility, so cannot comment on this to much. As next year will be a fund raiser for the ABF any donations would be greatfully received.

Once again thanks to all that came this year and lets hope next year will be as good if not better.

ATB

Tony

tony cookhouse will be on the easy routes:coffee:

and a staging post for brews will have to be looked at for the m/h rotes as im not having coffee or tea bags all over me:argh:again

and next year

yes i will not be doing b*****y driver training again missing the potholes

i had enougth when i was serving:nono::nono:

i like a easy life now

no dont change any of your routes tony:n00b:

it would only be me that would run sepertate if necessary and we would make checkpoints that i would meet the convoys at for a break:coffee: so the brews would be there after a rougth track or severe tracks

locations that i would meet up at could posibly be zulu crossing or the training villages as can make those on gentle routes

will see you before next may to go over catering plans for the weekend and have a bevy in november

dave:tup::

:???

What's this happening in my town then ????

More info for the newbie please !

:-D

Hmm - memory is going - sign of old age mate!! Remember coming out to the Bustard for a meal with us earlier this year? Well, thats the SPTA weekend. Get down there Friday night or early Sat morning. If you haven't got a vehicle no need to worry as you can always get a ride with some one. Saturday is given over to driving around and over the SPTA the Sat night is Skittles night in the Bustard. Sunday is a repeat of Saturday with - possibly - a quiz night in the Bustard.

Dave does a mean breakfast in the mornings and tea breaks throughout the drives. Lunch and dinner is down to the individuals. If you can move fast enough young Rambo provides some wickedly tasty cakes.

It's a great weekend and you get to see parts of the SPTA that the public (which now includes us!!) don't. Talk Jackie and/or the lads into coming next year. :):):)

A new rule is being implemented for next years skittle night. If the Plain Military team don't win, a five mile gaunt with full webbing will be on the cards for everyone.

Have spoken to the main guy at the ABF and they are over the moon that we will try and raise as much needed cash for the charity. Any idears on how we could raise a few more quid on the visit will be greatfully received. I have asked if we could have some collection tins to put in some if not all the local Army camps, so volenteers may be needed to pop over to the camps to collect them. All this will be sorted closer to the time. as the year goes on things will be added and dropped so watch this space.

Tony

A new rule is being implemented for next years skittle night. If the Plain Military team don't win, a five mile gaunt with full webbing will be on the cards for everyone.

Tony

Why do you want to come last on both competitions then :n00b: :-D

Ashley