Teesside Model Air Show May 31st/June 1st

A small band of MVT(NE) members had a trip out to the Teesside Model Air Show this weekend. There was myself and Lynne with 'Jessie', Mike with his new M38A1, Walter with the Champ and Michael ( who is also the model club treasurer ) had his Ford GPW. Saturday was great weather. Only Lynne and I camped over, and perhaps it would have been better if we didn't. Early Sunday morning it started chucking it down, so we ended up leaving by late morning.

Still, Saturday was a great day to sit in the sun and talk MV's. Mike had his M38A1 out for the first time. This had been a barn find. It had a restoration over 10 years ago, then soon after was hit by a tractor with forks on the front, writing off one side. It then sat in the barn 10 years until last year whn he bought it and fixed it. The engine hadn't been run for 10 years. It looked good, turned over by had without grinding, so what the H*ll, let's try. It started and ran fine! It had been full of oil and the rad was full of neat anti-freeze which certainly helped things!

Anyway, here's a selection of pictures from Saturday.

tees1.jpg

tees2.jpg

tees3.jpg

tees4.jpg

tees8.jpg

tees9.jpg

tees10.jpg

Steve

Very nice Junkers 52 , I guess the other photo of the red and white jet at the portaloo's was due to the aircraft little pilots call of nature before the show ?? hehehe

The Red Arrows are trading in their Hawk jets and going for a formation Port-a-loo display!