Insurance renewal here.....

RSSRobot

The post today brought the renwal documents from a certain insurance company that was taken over recently. I'm SURE you know who I mean :)

Last years bill for the Stalwart and the Landrover was £136.

This year they want £440.01 - AND - they now won't accept the OT-90 after having accepted it and charged me £36 a couple of months ago!! When I queried it on the phone they said that KGM won't issue any figures because there is (apparently) still a personal injury claim going through and the new mob they'd quoted with, Chaucer Insurance, won't touch tracked armour. Girl I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to give a damn - had very much a take it or leave it attitude.

Oh yeah - and the recovery service is no longer available!!!

Suffice it to say I'm pee'd off in the extreme with them!! :argh::argh:

So - after sitting and funing for a short while I dug out the latest CMV and rang Footman James for a quote. Even told them about the accident last October even though they didn't ask! Their quote for all 3 vehicles - £240!! :)

Also had a look on MilWeb and e-mailed Barry Garinger Insurance to get a quote from them for comparison. Think I'll be with Footman James after May 21st though.....

I know the problem. I was with Roadsure for years, but when they wanted £195 for 2 vehicles (Ford WOT2 and WOA2) and 2 drivers (Me and the Wife), I looked around - I decided on Footman James as they wanted £125 for the same deal (this was over 4 years ago). It's now £134 this year, so it's not too bad.