What age are your American Rims

abn deuce

I was curious to see just who might have the oldest rims on their American Military Vehicle :??? .

Having just examined my Ben Hur I found one rim dated 3/45 and the other 6/42 ......so the question is does anyone have any earlier dates on their Chevy , Dodge , FWD, GMC , WLF or whatever American product .

Knowing that during depot rebuilds and just normal operations , as long as it was the correct wheel for the vehicle, the date on the rim was the most unimportant detail , leave it to the collector to bother with this detective work :-D

In case you didnt know each rim is dated on the flat surface near the Lug nut holes closet to the tube valve stem on the outer or raised side of the rim ( i could be wrong in thinking it is only on one side as mine are mounted I can't examine the other concave side ) it will have both a part number and bolt diameter size followed by the mfg date : for example mine reads 82161 5 1/8 6 42 and the other 82161 5 1/8 3 45 , so if you have lots of paint on your rims you would need to do a bit of scraping ...perhaps best left till sometime when your repainting then .

In case you didnt know each rim is dated on the flat surface near the Lug nut holes closet to the tube valve stem on the outer or raised side of the rim ( i could be wrong in thinking it is only on one side as mine are mounted I can't examine the other concave side ) it will have both a part number and bolt diameter size followed by the mfg date : for example mine reads 82161 5 1/8 6 42 and the other 82161 5 1/8 3 45 , so if you have lots of paint on your rims you would need to do a bit of scraping ...perhaps best left till sometime when your repainting then .

WOW - I never knew that! I will look tomorrow.

I love info like this - do you have anymore?! :-D

Jack thats it at the moment the other 11 possible rims for me to date are still attached to my CCKW some 70 miles away still :cry:.....and easliest to date are the front and spare but should I find my way over to it I get as many dates as I can . At the moment Enigma has me beat by a year .

This rare 26X26 GMC variant :shake::shocked: was spoted on the WWII Dodge Site

he's got quite a few rims to check out !!! I m told it pulls quite well on the open road but takes a very large area to turn around in :laugh: credit goes to Ray Spencer

531646-2-da-bossRaySpencer.jpg