Interior colours

Adrian

Can you good people in the know clarify a query I have on the Interior colours used in the desert campaign.

I am restoring a Diamond T 980 in the colours of the 373 TTC in North Africa, and as the cab is getting a complete refurbishment I will be repainting the inside. Now then, when the vehicles for the desert campaign were painted did the colour scheme extend to the inside of the cab or did this remain original?

Also, is the correct colour 'light stone' for this era?

As nearly all T's are restored in some shade of green I have little in the way of guidance. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Many thanks for your help! The aim is to get the cab off in the next few weeks for a complete refurb and back on before the autumn. The cab is in need of work to the A posts and a little work on the floor (usual places for a T cab) so as long as I can decide on the colours all should be done in good time.

Thanks again,

Many thanks for your help! The aim is to get the cab off in the next few weeks for a complete refurb and back on before the autumn. The cab is in need of work to the A posts and a little work on the floor (usual places for a T cab) so as long as I can decide on the colours all should be done in good time.

Thanks again,

Post some pic's if you can,...........please. :-D

Worry not, I will be covering the restoration in a blog on this forum.:)

Interesting development this evening. I was removing some of the peeling pain on the scuttle and thought I saw some desert paint. Careful removal presented a green layer, a yellow/cream layer, and a tan layer, darker than the yellow. Taking a paint chip into the cab I tried the same, only to find green (not the same shade as the exterior, much darker, and underneath the same brown shade as the base coat on the outside.

Now this makes me believe the cab is wearing the original 1941 paint, which would make sense as it is in very poor condition. If this is true it would make the decision an easy one and the cab interior will be refinished in green. Can those who own ex-Italian vehicles shed any light on this matter? Did the Italians only refurb the exterior?