Hi again

Niels v

• 1 year later...

Almost 20 years ago I was given a tamiya 1/35, CMP Ford Quad modelkit, and since then a dream of owning one of these little oddly looking tractors have been lurcking in the back of my head.

This dream as now materialised it self, with a 1941 Chevrolet Cab 12 GT.

While searching through a MV page on facebook, I came in contact with a Norwegian guy who had one.

I went to see it in early June and a deal was struck and then came a long wait for the export license to clear.

The license came last week and the transport home was quikly arranged and booked.

The CGT was given a new battery and some fresh petrol and soon after it was running again after some years of standing still.

The back has been cut like on most of them to fit a recovery crane, and it has been fitted with a postwar Chevrolet engine, I have not id the type yet, but it runs and drives nicely. The rear tires are date 1941.

The brakes will still need some work as the front ones are missing all internal parts, but the handbrake worked nicely.

I got a lot of odd looks when I drove it on to the ferry.

It have seen service with the Norwegian army postwar and probably with Tysklands brigaden, The Norwegian brigade in Germany just after the war.

It was then sold off in 1948, it has then spent a part of its life as a recovery truck at Auto A/S which was representing Viking Recovery in Egersund in Norway. It still was at Auto A/S garage in the early eighties. Auto A/S had 3 CGT recovery trucks.

It still has a lot of original features in the crew compartment.

The plan is to restore it to its war time configuration so any pictures, drawings and parts are most welcome.

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

Edited by Niels v

• Niels v changed the title to Hi again