Hello

Hello

Another new member here. I'm Martin, the proud new owner of a Bedford RL. The RL has featured on this foum before, it used to be owned by a member known as "Kerbside Bob". Bob sold the RL on after deciding that he had too many projects on the go, but not before he had made a number of improvements to the vehicle. I have made a start on bringing the vehicle back to life but it still has a fair way to go before its on the road.

Martin aka ZebraDriver 

• Like 2

Bedfords came new with resident tinworm in the cabs. Also the need to wear elbow pads for the driver in most models. On the upside they were pretty reliable. Good luck with the project. Do not let any Eager Beaver owners near they will be looking for axle parts.  

My RL is an RLC - Light recovery.  It has been owned by a bus company (as their recovery vehicle), a circus company and then Kerbside Bob.  Bob made a good start at restoration, he fitted a replacement cab and an ex military, crated, 330 diesel but then other projects stopped further progress.

I am curently rewiring the RL, this has been a bit of a task as the "new" cab came from a fire engine and it's taken a bit of time to identify the redundant wiring and to add all of the bits that were missing.along with the conversion to an alternator and a swap from petrol to diesel.

ZD  

• Like 1