WANTED Landrover Lightweight FFR Canvas hood wanted

1 minute ago, ruxy said:

£ price is a bit heavy , but so is a new hood.   It's a civvy type -  see the PVC protection patch for the petrol pump nozzel,  a  12 volt LWT was fitted by Solihull with a FFR tilt  -  I have often used civvy tilts on a LWT - even better if sides have webbing/brass buckles for rolling up in summer (a feature you need to negotiate if ordering a FFR type).

Thanks ruxy, price seems ok, but it’s a 6hr round journey…… I’ll message seller to see if he will box it and I’ll arrange for pick up delivery etc. 

In the meantime…… I’ve messaged a local sail maker to see if they could cut and sew a 109” canvas to an 88” size 

I once considered getting a  'altration  109 to 88' , it was almost new  (IIRC new would be abt.  £200 , since tilts have £ increased at a % more than Rovers ) but sold it on Ebay  2005   £80  +  postage  .

Cheap  -  £40   located in Burnley.   looks a little shrunk.  Beware - rear panels shrink a unbelievable amount if not roped down at shrinking stage.  https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1140556040472926/?ref=share_attachment

Thanks again Ruxy, but folk are beating me to the post regarding the links , I messaged the Guy in Burnley  but listing has now gone…… if you find anymore can you just PM me, stops the arseholes jumping the gun …..

7 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

Thanks again Ruxy, but folk are beating me to the post regarding the links , I messaged the Guy in Burnley  but listing has now gone…… if you find anymore can you just PM me, stops the arseholes jumping the gun …..

OK  ,  the one in Burnley - no great loss - due to great shrinkage.  A new hood the canvas should be at least 2" below the cleats on the upper body-sides, and the rope will slip out but once shrunk it's OK    Fully shrunk - you should not see the cleats at all.  Most 'duck'  is made in India and has been for donkeys,  quality does vary lots.  In recent years - one tilt maker has had a lot of hammer on internet circles , apparently they no longer manufacture in UK but import made up from India.   No names - no pack-drill  !

51 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Cheers ruxy, got price list today from Comptons, these supply the MOD, quite a lead time if none in stock, full 88” FFR = £500. 

Yes  ,  Comptons  (Undercover Covers)  are supposed to be the very best,  and yes, hoods are now expensive.  Over last 40 + years hood  £  % inflation more than used Rovers & bricks & mortar ,  I don't think tentage has inflated at such top $