Periscope ID and help please!

Irmunkar

Question

Hi there

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me, I wasn't really sure where to post this so here goes . . . .

I've come into possession of the periscope attached and am hoping/attempting to fix it up!?!  Someone has had a go at it before as some parts have what looks to me like glue-gun adhesive on them. I'm also wondering where the hanging cable/plug shown is supposed to be plugged into

The markings show is as 'Sight Periscope AV Dual System L7A1'. Can anybody tell me a little more about it? I've had a root around the internet and I believe it was from a CVT - Scimitar/Scorpion?

Ideally I'd like to get a parts or maintenance manual so I can get a handle on how it's supposed to work and see whats missing if anything

Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Nick

20240322_112503.jpg

20240322_112508.jpg

20230626_220545.jpg

20230626_220615.jpg

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Thanks Chris, I know where I need to look now. 

Iain, thanks for that. In the hole where the cable is hanging, was a metal plate with two triangular prisms on it if that's any help? I'll post a photo of the arrangement later on. 

Cheers, Nick

20240323_144605.jpg

20240323_144559.jpg

Edited by Irmunkar
Added photos