chieftain tank - L60 Engine

SirLanceUK

I have come across a L60 pack that is in a terrible state and will need a shed load of work doing to it, before I go any further I can see a couple of the cables had been mangled and will need replacing, even if everything else can be used so.... 

Does anyone know where I might find general spares for the Pack.. I have looked at listings on most of the "normal" suppliers...  

and example of one cable is V605135/3  - I have contacted a cable maker but I have a feeling that as a one - off

Do you mean an electrical cable assembly or a bowden type control cable?

I would imagine that the internal parts such as pistons and liners would be very hard to find as the basic engine would have been overhauled at a base workshops, the manufacturer or a contractor.  Wherever, it was done, there would be no spares for us!  Sooner or later we will have to start rebuilding 'dead' L60s.

Does any know anybody who has internal NOS parts for an L60?

John

14 hours ago, attleej said:

Do you mean an electrical cable assembly or a bowden type control cable?

I would imagine that the internal parts such as pistons and liners would be very hard to find as the basic engine would have been overhauled at a base workshops, the manufacturer or a contractor.  Wherever, it was done, there would be no spares for us!  Sooner or later we will have to start rebuilding 'dead' L60s.

Does any know anybody who has internal NOS parts for an L60?

John

That particular cable is an electrical cable that looks like it has been "squashed", I can make and engineer quite a lot of parts but

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Elphiel said:

You should write Mr Hewes. Just from his recent Videos working on a Chieftain, he seems to have access to quite some spares and cables.

Dorry "Mr Hewes" can you give addy or someother way i cna track him down and chat to him?