Humber 1 Ton Truck

Scammelleka

Goanna thanks for posting those links to the Humbers/Commers at first I was confused by this "Humber trucks in Armoured Personnel Carrier role" then it was explained by the next photo "Humber 1 ton trucks were a short term replacement for ageing White Scout Cars"

So I wonder what replaced the Humbers/Commers for the APC role?

3 hours ago, fv1609 said:

Goanna thanks for posting those links to the Humbers/Commers at first I was confused by this "Humber trucks in Armoured Personnel Carrier role" then it was explained by the next photo "Humber 1 ton trucks were a short term replacement for ageing White Scout Cars"

So I wonder what replaced the Humbers/Commers for the APC role?

Hi Clive

Not sure. Just a guess. Maybe that particular unit were issued with Saracens after the regular full time army changed over to M113s in 1964. 

The part time CMF tended to be issued with older equipment like the WW2 era US6 Studebakers which were still in service in the 1960s . 

Edited by goanna
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, Scammelleka said:

Just bought a Humber 1 Ton truck. The only identification plate is a small rectangular plate on the engine side of the bulkhead. There is a ‘C’ etched into the plate at the top and stamped underneath is 3619 and the what appears to be WT. There is no sign of the larger brass plate on the vehicle. 

I believe the 1 Ton Humbers were in the ‘BK’ series of ERM’s and having looked at other Humbers, the digits appear to relate to the last 4 digits of the chassis number… so in my case 36BK19?

Does anyone have any ideas? There’s nothing for 36BK19 when searching on the RLC’s website.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, do you have a photo of the vehicle?  And where are you based? I sold one like it earlier this year and May have some info