Removeing the final drive

SirLanceUK

CVRT.Screw clamp.Rear door i know these can be used to pull the final drive out to enable towing. My spartan being my spartan has one of the final drives stuck in. I am going to have to make a puller so need to make a threaded bar to screw in to the final drive. Being me i searched everywhere and while i found the part number i could not find a description of the CVRT.Screw clamp.Rear door, does anyone know the thread size and does anyone has a diagram of the final drive as the "pin" is totally missing and i need to replace it

That is a very good idea, forgot about slide hammers. I made a shaft puller to get out the main fan unit as there was not space to use a slide hammer, so went to that as my solution. All I need to make and adapter from 10mm to whatever the thread is on the final drive. Or if I do go the slide hammer route most seem to be metric and I would need to make an adapter but in either case I still need to know the size of the thread on the final drive. I am going back to my Spartan on Wednesday so can measure it then, unfortunately that means coming home making the adapter and returning at some future date .....  

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you need here.  Are you needing the thread for the end of the centre-shaft connecting the final drive to the gearbox?

Also, the "pin" you are missing... is this the spring-loaded pin to hold that centre-shaft in position?

When you take off the ‘top hat’ exposing the final drive shaft there is a threaded hole. This is the size I need. It just happens that the NBC screws that lock the rear door closed has the same thread and can be used to pull the final drive shaft out. 

yes the spring loaded pin that holds the ‘center’ shaft in position till I get the shaft out I have no idea how it goes together, so a diagram would enable me to fabricate something

118385119_10223819234968616_5665846129529977043_n.jpg

Got it.  The tapped hole in the end of the driveshaft is a 3/8"NF.

The plunger spring is 10 coils of .028" wire, .3"OD and about 1.2" long.

The plunger, see below, but sorry, I shifted it on the paper, the .6" is the length of the .5" dia main body.

IMG_20230429_071126.jpg

Edited by teletech

what can i say but a huge thank you for taking all that trouble. I am going to have great fun with my lathe making that part, Do the split pins play apart in all this?  Now i cam make an adapter for my home made shaft puller and my newly purchased slide hammer.

Edited by SirLanceUK

1 hour ago, SirLanceUK said:

what can i say but a huge thank you for taking all that trouble. I am going to have great fun with my lathe making that part. along with an adapter from home mad shaft puller and my newly purchased slide hammer. .

Others have helped me out and I had a final drive sitting on the shop floor.

I believe I used a deep socket as a body to pull against, a couple fender washers, and a stud, bolt, or some threaded rod to pull mine out.

Edited by teletech