Hello from Portugal

Saurer

Hi!

My name is Diogo and i'm writing from Portugal.

I love all military vehicles and specialy 6x6 and 8x8 trucks.

Had in the past a Unimog 404 S ex portuguese army, Magirus Deutz Jupiter ex portuguese army. Currently i own a Scania 111 6x4 (not military), a 1962 Magirus Mercur 4x4 (fire truck), a 1965 Buick Wildcat (car) and recently bought the dream of my life in terms of military: Kraz 255 B.

I do most of mechanics and body work in my cars (hobbie). 

Hope to share and get information in this forum.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Diogo. Do you happen to know if any of the Shorlands that were used by the GNR are still around? The GNR Museum had one in preservation that would come out once a year, but I'm not sure if they still have it?

Hi Scania 111 pretty bullet proof. I only had a 96 4x2 would pull way out of its class. Had a 112 6x2 tag another good truck, I made the mistake of trading it in for a 113 6x2 tag. I ran some Magirus Deutz 232 dump trucks they were thirsty but worked their socks off. I used to say they was powered by a V8 motor bike engine, that air cooled lump.

5 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

Welcome to the forum Diogo. Do you happen to know if any of the Shorlands that were used by the GNR are still around? The GNR Museum had one in preservation that would come out once a year, but I'm not sure if they still have it?

Thanks!

The Shorlands still exist, but not on service of our police force GNR. The museum still has it. I know there is one private person that owns (or owned in the past) one or two units (without licence plates). It was a very limited number that we had in Portugal.

7 minutes ago, john1950 said:

Hi Scania 111 pretty bullet proof. I only had a 96 4x2 would pull way out of its class. Had a 112 6x2 tag another good truck, I made the mistake of trading it in for a 113 6x2 tag. I ran some Magirus Deutz 232 dump trucks they were thirsty but worked their socks off. I used to say they was powered by a V8 motor bike engine, that air cooled lump.

Yes! My 111 is from 1980, one of the last production with classic "aligator" cabin and turbocharged engine. Previous owner told me that it carried about 30 liquid tons of river wet sand...Original engine and turbo. My Magirus Deutz (will sell the next months) has a 9,5L V6 engine. Air cooled. Is a Mercur round hood version, very rare. Unfortunwtely i can't afford so many trucks.

• Like 1