Greetings and salutations

Malvolio

Hi everyone,

I am Chris from Nottingham, I run my own business making replacement parts for old bikes and trying to keep old motorbikes on the road, the oldest I've made is some parts for a 1908 Dot, but more on what I am aiming for. 

I had to steal a caption from the how to introduce myself post: - 

"If in doubt, keep quiet - it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I am hoping to be enlightened a little and be a little bit less of a fool as I learn some valuable information on my quest to give birth back to an old WD/CO that I am trying to make and build from the ground up but have no idea at the moment and will be taking all the information that I can. Such as engine and frame number dating. 

I am looking forward to hopefully getting some answers along the way. 

Thanks 

Chris 

• Like 1

Chris,

Welcome to the forum from Canada.

Keeping old vehicles alive by putting parts back into production is such a worthy venture and appreciated by many of us here.Many parts for the bikes that I like are now being reproduced, if only I could afford everything!

I hope you find the answers for what you seek.

Please post often with pictures