YW Vehicle number

Some YW were apparently not used; of those that were, I know of Bedford QLD GS, Bedford OY and Austin K6 3 ton gantry. However, I have a big gap in the middle, and another at the end, which I can't account for. Hopefully someone else may be able provide more info.

Edited by Noel7

8 minutes ago, Noel7 said:

Some YW were apparently not used; of those that were, I know of Bedford QLD GS, Bedford OY and Austin K6 3 ton gantry. However, I have a big gap in the middle, and another at the end, which I can't account for. Hopefully someone else may be able provide more info.

Thanks Noel,

The vehicle number is 91YW17 

Rebuilt overhaul 12/53

chassis number 59693

88YW52, 91YW18 and 91YW56 were K6 gantries, so 91YW17 is highly likely to be a K6 and probably a gantry. You could try the RLC archive to see if they have a record card for this VRN. There may be a charge for this.

13 minutes ago, Noel7 said:

88YW52, 91YW18 and 91YW56 were K6 gantries, so 91YW17 is highly likely to be a K6 and probably a gantry. You could try the RLC archive to see if they have a record card for this VRN. There may be a charge for this.

Thank you Noel for identifying this number and yes I have tried the RLC archive and a record does exist