Pinzgauer, Unimog, Saurer 4K 4FA.. That slippery slope.

L3610N

Hello All,

My names Jim,  I run an IT company in Surrey, UK,  and also an Airsoft Site in Kent (Where we dress up and play soldiers),  Our USP has evolved and become our use of vehicles in our scenarios, and over the last two years I seem to have gone from a classic Hilux, to two Pinzgauers, both 710m -ex swiss radio trucks, a Unimog 1300L - ex Belguim Army, I'd always wanted to buy a 432, but my ex-REME buddy forbade me, and then recently I came across some armour made by Steyr-Daimler-Puch, the creators of my beloved Pinzgauers...  

So I am purchasing two Saurer 4K 4FA/3FA APC and IFV variants (One has a 20mm Oerlikon Autocannon on it, mocked up to look even more intimating with a longer barrel). The idea with these is to increase on our USP / marketability and branch out into military themed driving experiences with the full vehicle collection.. and hopefully they will hold their value better than cash in the bank, or at least be more fun than numbers on a screen..

With no previous mechanical experience (apart from a 2 week agricultural machinery course when I was a teenager, where I worked on a bailer..) I've really enjoyed researching, learning and then doing all kinds of repairs and servicing on the Pinzgauers, Hilux and Unimog.  It's been very cathartic and rewarding to look after these machines, learning new things and working with my hands, as opposed to tapping on a keyboard like this...

The tracked Saurers are something else,  so hopefully I can make some connections here, perhaps in Kent, Surrey or anywhere! who can advise on these Saurer beasts! any contacts, info, help is gladly received.

Best,

Jim.

37520FC1-A676-4AC4-8668-59A2E3D610AD.jpeg

D571D235-833A-4978-BFCD-44F873EFC2BD.jpeg

A6AC8517-A1EA-4F83-A320-786E1245F330.jpeg

48921006091_77877715e9_o.jpg

48921215022_331908e8f8_k.jpg

Tony, I would welcome any Armour that would like to come and drive across our varied ‘Battlegrounds’ terrain overlooking the Oare Marshes, near Faversham, when you are ready for a spin let me me know, we are open every two weeks, from this weekend!