My new runaround

Lord Burley

Ive just sold my RangeRover and am awaiting the arrival of a new one in November.

In the meantime ive bought this as a runabot in the meantime.

width=640 height=420http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/BLUETHUNDER_06/100_0089.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=420http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/BLUETHUNDER_06/100_0087.jpg[/img]

Its a 2 1/4 petrol version.Civvy spec.But it has been done by a previous owner to replicate an EOD vehicle.Im surprised how economical it is.Its not that bad on the road either.Ive managed a steady 75mph with it.Great fun and cheap to run.Im not to sure if EOD vehicles had the red flash on the rear tub though??.I will be sad to see it go in a few months time.

looks VERY clean and tidy,............must admit to prefering the sliding window door tops,........ok I know, they're a pain, can't lean elbow/arm out, giving a little more room, ........but can still have window 'open' and drive through snotty ground conditions, without said stuff joining you in the cab. ;-)

Hi Mark

Nice Landy but lose the red paint from the rear wings.

EOD - Explosive Ordnance Disposal vehicles only ever had red front wings. To my knowledge they never painted the rear.

Markheliops

Hello Mark,i was a bit unsure about the red flash myself.Thing is,i dont have the correct shade of green to match the rest of the vehicle if i paint that bit out.I didnt really want to go down that route for vehicle that im only going to have for a couple of months.Did the RAF EOD vehicles have a similar scheme to this??

Hello Mark,i was a bit unsure about the red flash myself.Thing is,i dont have the correct shade of green to match the rest of the vehicle if i paint that bit out.I didnt really want to go down that route for vehicle that im only going to have for a couple of months.Did the RAF EOD vehicles have a similar scheme to this??

Hi Mark

Not sure about the RAF thing mate.

My experiences were with RE EOD teams. As far as I am aware, only the front wings were painted red. In the early days, EOD vehicles use to display red flags at the front.

I wait to be corrected but I have never seen EOD vehicles with red rear wings. Some owners like to paint the rear red but I don't think its correct.

I wouldn't worry about repainting the wings. The Landy paint job is quite nice. Be a shame to ruin it for the sake of the rear wings.

Markheliops