WW2 bomb trolley wanted

AlanQ

Hi, I have a David Brown tug and also looking for an industrial Fordson standard, which I would like to find a bomb trolley or two to go behind. If or when I manage to find a trolley, the next on the list would be bomb casings. Any been spotted in the brambles anywhere?

82A37703-497D-483F-AE9E-09145DD94104.png

• Like 1

Trolleys turn up every now and then, depending on which type you are after.

Bomb casings are much less likely to turn up - it was far easier and safer to detonate or dump them than try and remove the filling. If any do turn up in a hedgerow you can guarantee EOD will be right round to ensure it goes off with the least amount of risk!

And if you are aiming for WW2 please, please, please try to get the colour scheme approximately right, not the postwar scheme shown above.

I was aiming for WW2, but looking into it after your advice, I am not entirely sure of manufacture date of the tractor but think it is 1955. I guess this means that this would be the right colour scheme for the outfit. Also that this is the right model of Trailer? What ever model that is?

I was thinking the casings would be hare to find, so was already concidering making something that resembles them.

Alan, there were a few models of tractor made by David Brown during and after the war. Are there no clues on your tractor? The one in the photo above is potentially the right model for wartime although they carried on in production post-war.

http://www.dbtractors.co.uk/ the VTK1/VIG1 were the wartime production, the Taskmaster based model (listed as Aircraft Towing Tracor) are the clearly post-war version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/30/2018 at 12:11 AM, AlanQ said:

Hi, I have a David Brown tug and also looking for an industrial Fordson standard, which I would like to find a bomb trolley or two to go behind. If or when I manage to find a trolley, the next on the list would be bomb casings. Any been spotted in the brambles anywhere?

82A37703-497D-483F-AE9E-09145DD94104.png

• 9 months later...

Hi Alan,

I am aware of two Type F trolleys and a Type E for sale, partially restored is the F, I can send you my ID sheet for trolleys so you know what I am referring to, wheels bearers chocks etc I am also gathering sources on as well as replicaters of such.

I also have the actual colours that were used here now and data on when and what was used.

If anyone ever comes across bomb trolleys, bearers, wheels and tyres for, please message me. original tyres look far better than fork lift truck.

BOBC