Part Numbers

MOD

Good Evening All,

New to this forum, 

I have a few bags of MOD parts, I’m having real trouble finding what they are, the part number starts with DML followed by a six digit number, I have searched the internet with no luck, has anyone any idea where I can find a reference to this type of identification used by the MOD.

Regards,

Rob.

• 4 weeks later...

Modern MOD parts should ideally consist of a NSN (or at least part of it being the NIIN) & usually preceded by a DMC (Domestic Management Code). The DMC will determine which of the three Services use it & the broad category of the item.

You've given no indication of what sort of items they are or the era of these items which could be codified with some earlier system eg VAOS.  Or if it is RN it is extraordinarily complex if you glance through this:

Sight of the label might just give some clues to be able to  help you.

Hi,

This is the type of number I am investigating, I cannot find any information on any web site, or a  cross reference to the NSN data bases, is this a complete different system the military use for internal use only, ? 

thanks for any help with this 

Rob.

image.jpg

I suspect that the entry under PATT is a design pattern or specification & as yet not been codified as the IMC (Inventory Management Code) has not been completed? Maybe this item is used by the manufacturer or some earlier modification & not yet reached the status of a demandable item of supply so not codified?

Not that I know of, there are some forum members who have access at work who may be able to  cross reference it to something more meaningful.

The other thing is to put up  some pictures of the item from various angles against a ruler & someone may recognise it. Or if you suspect it might be for a particular vehicle or piece of equipment search the appropriate parts lists as these should include the manufacturer's drawing number or pattern as well as the NSN & DMC.

Clive,

The DML numbers are driving me crazy, if it’s Land Systems Stock number there must be a database and a cross referencing system available to the Military, I will try a FOI and see if they can make any headway,

Thanks for your input,

Rob.

I have tried to cross reference DML048049 using The Codification Support Information System (CSIS) and have drawn a blank – the part has not been codified, it looks like the number is for internal use by Babcock Land Systems who manage the parts inventory for the MoD.

Hi,

I had a vague notion that DML was Devenport Management Ltd that runs Devenport Dockyard for the MoD.  I also thought they had manufactured Batches of vehicles where the design was owned/held by Supacat.  A quick google shows that DML manufactured batches of the Jackal.  Is it possible these parts come from one of the less successful UORs for Iraq/Afghanistan which have been cleared out following the consolidation of Land Vehicles of the completion of large scale operations?

Hi

Thank you for the help, I could only get as far as these parts are for the Supacat but they could be also for the Jackal as you mention, I doubt that I will be able to pin down what and where  the parts fit and to what vehicle , but I thank you again for your help,

Rob