Help!! Where are fuses for rear tail lights Gmc

Lawson

Hi can anyone help me please it 10.15 pm been out in my jimmy all day and noticed a tail bulb not working...thought the tab on the back of the bulb holder needed bending out to make a better connection ..so i put a screwdriver in there must of shorted something now the other tail light is out with now power...i feel i must of blown a fuse for that circuit...but i just can not see where any fuses are...someone must no ...Please help...lol

Hi Lawson,

As standard there are no fuses. There's a 30A thermal trip circuit breaker on the back of the lighting switch which will re-set itself. However, many owners install fuse panels so if they don't start working again by themselves I'm afraid you're going to have to hunt around :|

- Mike

Looking at the wiring diagram it's on the feed side to the switch so yes, you should have lost all lights. Also, 30A would probably have welded your screwdriver to the light unit so I guess it's only hit that one circuit. Sounds like you need to play 'hunt the fusebox' :-(

(that or it's frazzled an already weak connection somewhere, but I'd look for fuses first.)

Hi mike i have sorted the lights out now and fitted a fuse board so next time i have a problem it should be easier to sort,,,,plus it makes me wonder how many gmc over the many years must have been burnt out due to a bad short out!!!! before the 30 amp would kick in there would be fire!!..Anyhow all sorted now thanks for your time and help...Lawson